Frequently Asked Questions
By registering on Fileize, you enable a lot of options, these include:
- Archiving your uploads, files you upload will be listed on the front page
- Set your uploads to private, so that the search engine will not list them
- Disable commenting on your upload so that users can't post comments about it
- Delete your uploads from Fileize, guests cannot do this
- Set a nickname so that your uploads will have your name on it
Of course! You can give yourself a nickname by visiting your Control Panel.How do I use the search?
Start by clicking inside the search bar at the top of the page, and typing what you're looking for. Pressing enter on your keyboard starts the search.
If you change your mind, you can click the red X that apears to reset the box.
Some tips for searching:
- Searching usernames or emails will get both uploads by that user and uploads with that name in the title
- Search for key words, if you're having trouble looking for what you want
- Typing filetype:"swf" at the end of your search will present only results that are swf files, you can select multiple file types by adding | inbetween each type (example: stickman filetype:"swf|fla")
Fileize offers a wide variety of file types it will accept. These include:
- Flash Files (Swf | Fla)
- Image Files (Png | Jpg | Gif | Bmp)
- Zip Archives (Zip | Rar)
- Text Files (Txt)
- Photoshop Files (Psd)
- Music Files (Mp3)
- Pivot Files (Piv)
Do not panic, you have a week to simply contact an administrator requesting the recovery of your deleted file before it is gone forever. Simple as that!I found a file that infringes upon my copyright/is offensive, how can I get it removed?
Report the file through the contact page. Select Report File in the subject drop-down box. A new box will appear allowing you to enter the URL of the offending file. In the message, provide proof of copyright violation or reasons it should be removed. False claims or abuse can result in a permanent ban.